HOW PERFECT IS YOUR LIFE?
Take this quiz to see if you’ve got it all…
- 1. Your favourite summer tipple is:
- Champagne dahling. Always champagne.
- The new Blackberry and Elderflower Pimm’s – it’s delish!
- The Sauvignon Blanc from Aldi is a steal at £4.69 a bottle and got a really good review in The Times.
- 2. Your morning routine includes:
- Hitting the gym hard. It really kick-starts the brain.
- Grabbing a pain au raisin and a skinny latte on the way to work.
- UN-style negotiations with your toddler about the correct consistency for Weetabix.
- 3. For your summer holiday this year you will be:
- Heading for some Tuscan sun.
- Going on a last-minute city break.
- Camping in Cornwall – the kids love the freedom and it’s character-building for them to learn to put up a tent in the rain.
- 4. Your work outfit is:
- A pair of Blahniks matched with that on-trend dress you saw in Marie Claire
- Your new top from ASOS
- T-shirt, jeans and Converse trainers – it’s what all the school-Mums are wearing this season.
- 5. The last place you had a date was:
- At that chi chi Michelin-starred pop-up restaurant overlooking the Thames.
- Last Sunday at our local gastro-pub – a long lunch with the newspapers – bliss.
- The local Wetherspoon’s – the wine is excellent and the food is surprisingly good. Really!
- 6. The person you most admire is:
- Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada
- Kristen Wiig in Bridesmaids
- Sue from Outnumbered
- 7. Your ideal man is:
- Don Draper in Mad Men
- Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love
- Phil Dunphy from Modern Family
- 8. Your most treasured possession is:
- My new Chanel ‘Lego’ bag – yes, it’s real.
- My tablet.
Mostly A’s You’ve got the job, the designer handbag, the lifestyle, but Don Draper is never going to settle down. It’s time to break-free of that ‘material girl’ mould.
Mostly B’s You’ve nearly got it all. Keep going and remember to take the odd risk. Everyone makes mistakes, don’t they? The trick is to learn from them.
Mostly C’s It’s all about balance. Don’t forget there’s a world outside your front door and just because you have children, doesn’t mean you can’t have a life.
Verdict: It’s Not Quite Perfect for us all! Join Emma and Rachel as they search for perfection in their own lives.
Not Quite Perfect by Annie Lyons is out now published by Carina!
Available from Kindle, iBooks, Kobo and all eBook retailers
About the Author
After leaving university, Annie Lyons decided that she ‘rather liked books’ and got a job as a bookseller on Charing Cross Road, London. Two years later she left the retail world and continued rather liking books during an eleven-year career in publishing. Following redundancy in 2009 she realised that she would rather like to write books and having undertaken a creative writing course, lots of reading and a bit of practice she produced Not Quite Perfect. She now realises that she loves writing as much as coffee, not as much as her children and a bit more than gardening. She has since written another novel and is about to start work on her third. She lives in a house in south-east London with her husband and two children. The garden is somewhat overgrown. One day she hopes to own a chocolate-brown Labrador named John and have tea with Mary Berry.
To find out more about the author visit: